There are some “forever” calls of churches, calls that form the very cadence of congregational life. One of the many calls is to community. Another is to gratitude.
Starting on Tuesday night, November 23rd, I am warmly inviting you to a space where both “community” and “gratitude” come together. The mechanism is the 3-week, online, small group titled “The Gift of Gratitude.”
The group specifics….
1. Dates: Meeting for three Tuesdays in a row. Nov. 23rd, Nov. 30th, at December 7th
2. Time: Group One at 7:00 PM, Group Two at 8:30 PM
3. RSVP: Email email@example.com
Many things are exciting about this particular group.
One, we are blessed with some exceptionally strong group engagement right now. That means you will be joining a group with amazing people from all over the country.
Two, the groups are being hosted by a combination of four New Church congregations. Those congregations are NewChurch LIVE, the Washington DC New Church, the Glenview Illinois New Church and the Boulder Colorado New Church. The 7:00 PM group will be co-led by myself and Rev. Mac Frazier from DC; the 8:30 PM group co-led by Rev. Elmo Acton from Illinois and Rev. David Roth from Colorado. That means you will be able to share with a wide geographic group.
Three, the topic matters. I do believe many struggle with an addiction to contempt. This is a chance for us to break that addiction – as a congregation to say we stand for something else. We stand for connection. For love. For what in the end matters. The means we will be able to discover, together, the gift of gratitude.
Please join us!
Thanksgiving Food Collection #newchurchlivegives
There are 3 ways to get involved this Thanksgiving:
1. Donate any nonperishable at church on Sunday or to the office during the week. (Office address: 2790 Huntingdon Pike, Bryn Athyn)
2. Shop via our Amazon wish list and have items delivered directly to our office.
3. Donate to an organization local to you, take a picture and tag us #newchurchlivegives. We will share the images at church and on social media.
Pictures from Pastor Chuck last week
Did you know that when you shop with Amazon they donate a percentage back to NewChurch LIVE? Simply use this link at in your browser: smile.amazon.com/ch/45-4966388.
Amazon Smile is now available on the Amazon App!!
Here is the info for to support NCL in the App:
Want to help make a difference while you shop in the Amazon app, at no extra cost to you? Simply follow the instructions below to select “New Church Live” as your charity and activate AmazonSmile in the app. They’ll donate a portion of your eligible mobile app purchases to us.
How it works:
1. Open the Amazon app on your phone
2. Select the main menu (=) & tap on “AmazonSmile” within Programs & Features
3. Select “New Church Live” as your charity
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to activate AmazonSmile in the mobile app
By using the links above a percentage of your purchases will automatically be donated back to NewChurch LIVE (at no cost to you!) Easy for you! It’s a WIN-WIN!